Join us on Twitter next Thursday 30 March between 2 pm and 3 pm to discuss the role of social media in forming public opinion.
We will be discussing the following questions:
- Is social media creating silos in public opinion since everyone lives in a bubble of like-minded people?
- Do social media networks over-represent populist minorities, helping them create mainstream opinions simply because they are louder?
- How can one counter fake news and promote real journalism?
- Can social media polls replace opinion polls?
- Are social media algorithms an obstacle to democratic debates?
- What role does social media have in political decision-making and can its impact be measured?
- We saw the power of social media in Brexit and in the US elections, what impact can it have in the French presidential elections?
Join the debate using the hashtag #SSIX
Author : ssix
— SSIX (@SSIX_project) March 16, 2017